San Francisco’s Quintessential Neighborhood Bar
Open 11:30 to 2 am Daily
10:00 am on NFL Sundays
View Our Beer, Wine, and Spirits Menu
Finnegans Wake is a neighborhood bar, originally founded in Noe Valley in 1976. In 1989, owner Tom Frenkel purchased Maud’s, at 937 Cole Street, from Rikki Streicher, and Finnegans moved to Cole Valley. Maud’s was San Francisco’s first lesbian bar, and the team was happy to take over a space with such rich history. Finnegans continues to maintain the tradition of San Francisco’s beloved neighborhood bars where all are welcome.
Best Bloody Mary!
Two Time Award Winning Bloody Mary
Finnegans Wake is proud
to have been chosen as
The Best Traditional Bloody Mary
2015 & 2016
- There were no results found.
Events and Large Groups
Please call Lindy at (415) 731-6119 to confirm availability and details for booking an event.
- Call to book your event before coming to ensure that we are properly staffed for your party and space is set aside
- Outside food is permitted. However, heating trays, flame or other heated food serving systems are not allowed.
- No outside beverages are allowed in the bar.
- Inform bartender of any service animals.
- 21 and over.
- We are a cash only establishment. However, we are happy to allow large groups to open a tab and run a credit card with minimum of $300. All credit card charges will include sales tax and a mandatory 20% tip.
Bar News and Happenings
Watch the Creation of the Beer Garden Mural!
We were recently featured on the blog, Broke-Ass Stewart, in an article called, "5 San Francisco Bars You Didn’t Know About". They wrote:"For the average San Francisco resident, a visit to Cole Valley usually occurs around 11am on a weekend to brave the massive brunch...
The Bloody Mary at Finnegans Wake is so good, it won the best traditional Bloody Mary at the Bloody Mary Festival twice (in 2015 and 2016). Its award-winning ingredients include Marz vodka, horseradish, and Sacramento tomato juice. // 937 Cole St. (Cole Valley)...
Finnegan’s Wake is a basic neighborhood bar in Cole Valley that nails the effortlessly cool factor. It’s kind of a dive, but it’s mostly just a place to drink a few beers among regulars, play a round of pool, and chill on the back patio. It’s nothing fancy, and we love it just the way it is.
We're happy that eventbrite noticed that we spruced up the joint a little, and put us in their "Best Beer Gardens to Enjoy Summer in San Francisco". Thanks guys, hope to see you here soon. Finnegans Wake COLE VALLEY Finnegans recently got a little refresh, which means...
Hoodline researched the history of the bar, from it's historic beginnings, to our recent remodel. You can read the article here